Thursday, October 16, 2008

Recipe: Broiled Turkey Breast Loin


Hello,


Sorry for not having posted in a few days. This week my friend Angie and I are doing a little "boot camp" of our own for the ladies at church. It is Monday through Friday at 5:30am so I am having to wake up at 4:55am to get up and get to the church in time to open up. It hasn't been bad but last night it caught up with me and by 10pm I was falling asleep on the couch. Plus, today is our Super Craft Day for church....we do a morning and afternoon session and people have a choice of what crafts they want to do. There is a cost associated with all the crafts, but it is a great way to knock out some fab Christmas presents. I will take my camera with me so I can post some of the masterpieces!

The recipe I have for you today is for a Broiled Turkey Breast Loin. When I first looked at it in the store, I thought it was a pork roast because it was packaged in the same vacuum packed packaging that they come in but upon further inspection, it was a Ginger Lime Turkey Breast loin. I decided I would try it and see how it was. It was great! And, it was easy! You could bake it in the oven for and hour and a half or you could broil it for 35 minutes. I decided I only wanted to wait 35 minutes so I tossed it on a jelly roll pan covered in foil and popped it in the oven, turning it at 15 minutes. It came out caramelized and crusty goodness! I think you could do this with a plain turkey breast loin and add one of those salad dressings or salad dressing like marinades and it would work too...I think you definitely need a wet marinade for this.

Anyway, it had a little caramelized crust on the outside and was tender and juicy on the inside. I bought mine at Sam's in a 2 pack for $13 and there was more than enough of one of those to feed 3 people, you could probably feed 4-5 people with one loin, maybe 6.

Stay tuned for pictures from craft day! I hope you can make it a beautiful day!

Heather

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!