Friday, November 21, 2008

Whole Wheat Bread

Okay--I meant to get this up last night but my hubby had to go out to a farm and so I was home with my toddler and just never got around to it. Here is the basic recipe except that I added whole wheat gluten and dough enhancer....and I can't remember how much....I have it written down at home but I am now at work, I just basically followed what the package directions said, I think it was 1/3 of one and 3 tablespoons of the other...but alas, I do not recall which was which! (I know, scream at me in frustration, I am beating my head against the wall as I type!)

Its good even without that extra stuff....here it is!
(6:45pm Update with all the correct amounts!)

Whole Wheat Bread

5 c. warm water
2 T. salt
½ c. oil
½ c. honey
3 T. yeast
14 c. freshly ground white wheat flour (approx.) ( I am going to admit that I did not freshly ground mine, in fact it came out of a bag from the grocery store....shame, shame, I know!)
4 tablespoons of dough enhancer (optional)
1/3 cup of whole wheat gluten (optional)


Mix all ingredients in large mixer. Mix for 5-7 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Shape into loaves. (Makes 4 regular sized loaves.) Let rise. Bat at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!