Monday, December 1, 2008

High Heels Camp-Day 3

Okay, I worked out Saturday night and this is what I did...I admit that this is not the hardest workout in the world but it is still a lot better than doing nothing. I have a Wii Fit and I used it for part of it as well....

Wii Fit Advanced Step-5 minutes (for warm up)
Wii fit Basic Run-Distance for 4 minutes
Wii Fit Super Hula Hoop for 3 minutes
Wiit fit Lunges, 15 reps on each leg
Rowing Squats 30 reps
1 minute of sit ups
1 minute of push ups
1 minute of sitting shoulder pulls with an elastic band around the leg of my couch
1 minute of backwards flies with elastic band around the leg of my couch (backwards means my back was to the couch leg where the elastic band is tethered)
1 minute of backwards cross punches, left and right
1 minute of backwards curls
1 minutes of backwards straight arms kick backs
1 minute of crunches to the center with feet straight up in the air
30 seconds of crunches to the left with feet in the air
30 seconds of crunches to the right with feet in the air
1 minute plank
Cobra stretch
Cool down and stretching

You know how some people say "I can't loose weight, I just gain it back again." Well, of course you gain it back again because you do not make life changes. Life changes are HARD and its not just about changing your eating, its about changing your health and being healthier, more fit, and feeling better. You have to get up off of the couch to make those life changes. Dieting is not enough...you need to be active and you need to use those muscles every day and strengthen your body so that it and you can perform better. Is it simple? Yes! Is it hard? Heck Ya! But do it...just do it...yes, you...you can do it! You will be glad you did!

I have decided that I am going to try to run a 5 K sometime in early quarter or so of 2009. By running a 5 K I mean just that, running or jogging, not walking. That is my initial goal and then I will see how it goes from there and then make a bigger goal. Since I have some past injuries, I am leery of going all out for a half marathon in March, but I still want to work and train for something big...and to me, running a 5 K is HUGE!

Wanna join me?

Heather

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!