Monday, December 1, 2008

High Heels Camp-Day 4

Well, I admit, I did NOT want to work out tonight. I was cold all afternoon and it was cold and windy outside and I just wanted to sit on the couch and then go soak in my jacuzzi tub and not do a darn thing. So, I did. I just got in the tub and warmed up and felt better and then I felt like I should go workout so I did. Again, not a terribly hard workout but its better than sitting on the couch or soaking in the tub and then going to bed...although both those things are way fun.

So, this is what I did. I set my stationary bike to 40 minutes, I set it on a course that was mainly in the middle of the difficulty scale but it still had a few ups and downs, then I took my short elastic bands and wrapped them around the handlebars and took my long bands and wrapped it around the back of the bottom of the seat...this way I could do my arms at the same time as I was riding the bike. So, for the first 15 minutes of the bike ride, which was in total about 40 + minutes, I did a steady arm workout of varying arm exercises, I did tricep pulls, lateral pulls, kick backs, butterflies, alternating punch ups, shoulder pulls...and probably a few more....for 15 minutes with short breaks in between. It was good! My arms feel great...and by great I mean sore...and I feel a whole lot better than I did earlier. Once I was done with that, I did a minute of push ups (I only did 20, my arms were tired) , a little less than 2 minutes of sit ups (I got in about 60 in a minute and a half), and a plank hold for a minute, then the cobra stretch...then I had to give my son a bath so I had to stop...but there you go!

I worked out when I REALLY did not want to work out...so that is a victory in itself. But my bike ride said I burned over 300 calories and went over 13 Kilometers...which is no world land speed record but its something!

So, stop reading this and go lift something...then push something...then exercise something...and do it over and over and over again until it feels like it might fall off...then do it some more!

Change your life for the better...and change it for good!

Love ya!
H

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!