Thursday, December 4, 2008

Recipe-Anne's Spinach and Bacon Salad

This is a super yummy salad that my sister in law Anne made a few weeks ago and I just wanted to lick the bowl it was so good. She even used half Splenda so it was lower in sugar. Below is the recipe as Anne sent it to me with her comments and everything. You really should try this, its good and Spinach has tons of good nutrients in it like folic acid...and it keeps longer in the fridge than lettuce. So, give it a whirl and let me know what you think!

Dressing
3 tablespoons sugar (the first time I made it I used half sugar, half Splenda and it was yummy. I bet you could use all Splenda, following the conversion rate on the package, and it would turn out just as good)
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried minced onion


Salad
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach (I always use a lot more spinach than it calls for)
3 hard cooked eggs chopped
1/3 cup chow mein noodles (I use more of these as well)
1/3 cup real bacon bits (I have always cooked my own bacon instead of using the bits and of course there is more of this!!)

Directions for dressing: in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients and shake well. I think it taste best after being chilled, but it doesn't have to be.

Enjoy!!

Thanks Anne!!!!

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!