Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My new niece


I took the day off today to spend a little time with my new niece. She is a whole 12 days or so old...isn't she just a cutie? She has these beautiful big brown eyes that you can only see open for a while between the hours of 1am-5am. Her parents hope that she figures out her days and nights soon. I got a few glimpses of them today but only for short seconds here and there when she was teasing me and acting like she was waking up and then would just go right back to sleep. She was born while I was out of the state. I gave her some specific instructions that she needed to be born before I left or wait until I was almost home so I would not have to be away from her for the first 10 days of her life while I was on my trip. She is a good listener and I got home the day she came home from the hospital.
We did some bonding today, I got to feed her and then we talked while she slept...I watched Food Network and she slept, her parents got out of the house for a while and she slept...but it was still good bonding time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You niece is a beautiful baby. I found your blog through "google alerts" I have one set to alert me for the words "Tatted lace" I see your profile says you like tatting lace in the first sentence, but I am not seeing any labels with "tatting" for the posts. I wanted to see your tatting. I guess I'll have to do some investigating! :) I love tatting.

If you like tatting you are welcome to visit my blog and have a look around. It's all about the tatting there, LOL! I have lot's of tatting blogs and site links on my sidebar. Stop by anytime!

Heather said...

Thank you Tatting Chic!

I had actually posted that I thought tatting was a lost art but Jane told me that there are many tatting sites online and you have proved her right! I have always wanted to learn how to tat but didn't have someone who could show me...so I am thrilled to find all these resources. I will check out your site and learn how to tat! Its one of my resolutions this year! Thanks!

robyncreates said...

She's beautiful! I have been trying to get a hold of Anne to drop some food and gift by. I'll keep trying. My hubby's nana used to tat(t)-it's beautiful work! Good luck!

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!