Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Places to go: Cabella's

My husband is a big fan of stores like Cabella's, Bass Pro Shops, etc. These places are true man stores and have all the fixins you need for going hunting, fishing, camping, canoeing, etc. Its the store for the outdoors! I figured out a while ago that my husband plans part of our trips around the Cabella's stores. He LOVES to go wander around them!

Once, when we were driving from Minneapolis, Minnesota to Sioux Falls, South Dakota for his step grandfather's funeral, as we drove through Minneapolis/St. Paul he said " I forgot my Sunglasses, do you mind if I stop and buy some?" I said "Sure, we can stop." and he said " I think there is a Cabella's at this next exit".....huh? We are driving through a part of the country that we have never been to and he knows the exit and how to get to the Cabellas? Ah-hah! I see...the sunglasses being left at home were no accident!

Anyway, since we were on the road 60 hours over Christmas, he knew were all the Cabella's stores were so that we could stop when it was convenient. We stopped at the one in Glendale, AZ. I have to admit that these stores are cool!

In each store they have a "Wildlife museum" that you can walk through and see these beautiful beasts up close and personal. It was fun to take my toddler through and let him look at all these animals, big and small, and see what they really look like.
So, take a trip to your local Cabella's and check out the wildlife! The one in Glendale had a polar bear, an elephant, jack rabbits, elks, deer, squirls, and much much more to see.
Forgive the fuzzy pictures, we were having camera issues!












2 comments:

robyncreates said...

1-Gorgeous colors on your blog-I looked at that background too!

2-We love Cabellas in Kyle too-although my sis-n-law calls it the "dead zoo"

3-Hope you enjoyed your trip and Christmas!

Heather said...

Thanks Robyn---and thanks for commenting, it makes me think that at least one person reads it!

Hope you can adjust to your hubby's late night shifts! Good luck! I have been there and its no fun.

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!