Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Freezer Meals:Basic Lasagna

Another meal you can make with the basic beef recipe for Freezer meals is a basic lasagna.

Basic Beef recipe here http://thebeautifulbasics.blogspot.com/2009/02/freezer-meals-basic-beef.html

Ingredients:

Small container of low fat Ricotta cheese (feel free to use the full fat version or cottage cheese, either work just fine)
2-4 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese or Italian blend (this just depends on how cheesy you want it and how much you love cheese)
lasagna noodles (I do not pre cook my lasagna noodles, whether I use regular or whole wheat, you just have to make sure you push them down into the sauce but they will cook and soften while you are baking it and you should have no problems.)
Jar of Spaghetti sauce or homemade
1/2 cup to 1 cup of Grated Parmesan or hard Italian Cheese

For this one I just took the portion (1/3 of the above recipe) and added some spaghetti sauce. (You can make your own if you want, I occasionally do but this time I just used the good old jarred stuff).



Then I took an aluminum pan and put down a layering of sauce with beef.





Then added the noodles and both kinds of cheese

And then I just repeat doing that until I am out of stuff.








Pop it in the freezer and you are done! When you want to cook, you can take it from the freezer and defrost it, then cook it for 45 minutes to an hour on 375 or if it is still frozen, you can just cook it longer, but I like it better when I remember to defrost it!



1 comment:

McHorse Fam said...

looks yummy but very orange.

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!