Friday, February 20, 2009

Recipe: Egg Puff Stuff

This recipe is great for a brunch or a bridal or baby shower. The green chilies give it flavor but not heat and that with the eggs and cheese make a wonderful mix. I seriously love this stuff. My friend Jan made it for a bridal shower I was attending and I had to have the recipe. You can change out the cheeses, but if you use a cheddar, the cheddar cheese seems to have a lower melting point and will likely burn, so I would just stick with jack or mozzarella.


Egg Puff Stuff
10 eggs
½ cup flour
1 lb. Jack cheese, shredded
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 cans (4 oz.) Green chilies
1 pint small cottage cheese

Beat eggs in mixer until light and lemon colored. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese, Jack cheese and melted butter. Blend until smooth. Stir in chilies. Pour into a buttered 9×12 inch dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until the eggs are set all the way through.

2 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

This sounds so incredible! I've been looking for something to replace that thing they make with artichoke hearts and eggs. I'll try this one soon.

Found you through Pioneer Woman. I'm an addict and after injecting my daily dose of her, I sometimes troll for other fun blogs. Glad I found yours today!

Blessings!

Heather said...

Hi Robynn--Glad to have you over here! PW is great, she cracks me up!

I hope you enjoy this, its one of my favs!

Happy Friday!

Heather

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!