Monday, March 2, 2009

Recipe: Blueberry Pound Cake

This recipe is from my friends the Strattons. I made it last night for our monthly birthday celebration at work and received lots of compliments and it was almost gone by the time I left. Its a nice cake because it tastes like it could even be a breakfast cake....similar to a blueberry muffin but still cake like...very yummy!

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1-cup butter, softened
1-tablespoon pure vanilla extract
4 eggs
3 cups flour, divided
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thaw if frozen
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (I leave them out)

Preheat oven to 325.

In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time until well blended.

Mix 2 cups flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture until smooth.

Mix blueberries, pecans and remaining flour until coated. Carefully fold into batter.




Sprinkle 1 tablespoon granulated sugar into bottom of a bundt cake pan, then pour in batter.







Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert on cooling rack; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when serving.
Silly me, I forgot to take a picture of it once I turned it out...sorry! But its really a lovely cake. I suppose you could also drizzle it with a little mixture of powdered sugar and milk...but I was trying to save some calories.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!