Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Random Thoughts: The Runner's group

Well, I have moved up to the runner's group in my boot camp. I am certainly not the fastest...in fact I am the slowest probably.....but you know what....I feel GREAT and I just plain feel good and healthy! This morning as I drive to work the thought crossed my mind...."I wonder if there is a 5K this weekend that I could run in?" Whoa.....

This boot camp has changed me, its changed my life, and I am such the better person for it. I feel better, I am happier, and dog gone it...people like me! (Ooops, sorry, I digressed to Saturday night live in the 80s there for a second)

But truly....if you are sitting there thinking you can't do it....then you are probably just being a Negative Nellie and you really probably can....start slow....but work hard. There is nothing easy about it, but the pay off is great. I can truly say that I didn't know that I was feeling that bad before until now I feel this good and think how sluggish and tired I always was before.

So do it....get up....walk the neighborhood....then after a few days....jog a bit....then walk for 2 minutes and run for 1 minute....then lengthen the run and lessen the walk. It IS baby steps but they are baby steps with weights on your feet and they are hard.

Stop telling yourself that you are the fat sister and you are okay with it. That has been me for a long time. I will no longer be the fat sister. I have 2 beautiful sisters who are both smaller than me and I will not be the fat one any longer. ( I can probably out do them in push ups as we speak) Don't be complacent, don't be a complainer....don't be less than you are capable of being. Its all a waste of effort....turn that effort into a jumping jack and burn some calories and you will see that you start to eat better and feel better.

I love ya....now love yourself and be beautiful!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Great post! I have started interval training like that over the weekend...walking, jogging, running in short bursts. Its a really great way to start working out and burns lots of calories too!

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!