Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Recipe: Peanut Butter Bars

I love peanut butter and these bars are like Reese's peanut butter cups in flavor. My friend Melissa used to make these at her house when we were in high school and I loved them then as I do now. I am not sure if this is Melissa's exact recipe, but its simple and doesn't require an oven so it can keep the house cool during those hot summer days.

Peanut Butter Bars

12 whole Graham Crackers, rushed
1 cup of butter softened
1 cup of peanut butter
3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1 12 ounce package of chocolate chips (use whichever kind you prefer)

Combine crushed Graham crackers, butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Pat firmly into a greased 9X13 inch pan. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until they are spreading consistency. Frost bars with chocolate and refrigerate. When chilled, cut into small squares. You can also just spread the bars with chocolate chips and pop them in a hot oven for a few minutes until they melt and spread it that way, but that requires heat and we are avoiding making the kitchen hot!

These are so yummy. I am sorry to all the people out there with nut allergies, nut allergies are such a bummer.

Be beautiful!
H

1 comment:

Tanya said...

haha, that struck me as very funny, I got my recipe (exact same as yours) from MY freind Melissa in high school! LOL! Love them!!!

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!